书城外语从零开始学英语,“袋”着走
18647700000020

第20章 稳步前进:速学高频句型(8)

4.Shall we take the first-cIass train?

我们可以坐特快列车吗?

5.Shall we call your friend?

我们可以打电话给你朋友吗?

Dialogue 1

Shall we call it a day?

咱们的谈判到此先结束吧?

Yes,all of us deserve a good rest after the marathon negotiations.

好的,我们经过马拉松式的谈判后都需要好好休息一下。

Let's dine out this evening.It's on me.

今晚我们一起吃晚饭吧。我请客。

Sounds great.Shall I call a taxi?

太棒了。我叫辆出租车吧?

No,we've got a car out there waiting in the parking Iine.Let's go right away,shall we?

不用,有车在等候我们。我们直接去,好吗?

OK.

好的。

Dialogue 2

Now we have finally reached a basic agreement on the probIems that neededbe worked out.

现在,对一些需要解决的问题我们基本达成了协议。

Both of our parties have made a great effort.

为此我们双方都做出了很大的努力。

That's true.But shall we sign the contract now?

是的。我们现在可以签合同了吧?

Just a minute.Though everything seems cIear,we'd better have another check,to avoid arguing over some minor probIems in the days to come.

稍等一会儿。虽然看起来一切都清楚,但是为了避免将来在一些小问题上产生分歧,我们最好再检查一下。

43.The reason why……的原因是

1.The reason why I can't depend on him is that he never saves money.

我之所以不能依靠他是因为他从不存钱。

2.The reason why I didn't come over Iast Saturday was that I had to work.

星期六我之所以没有来是因为我得工作。

3.The reason why we don't Iike her is that she can be quite bossy.

我们不喜欢她的原因是她可能会很跋扈。

4.The reason why I was Iate is that I missed the bus.

我之所以迟到是因为错过了公交车。

5.The reason why I didn't call you is that I forgot it.

我之所以没有给你打电话是因为我忘了。

Dialogue 1

A:Do we have enough money for our trip?

我们有足够的钱旅行吗?

B:I think we have enough.

我认为够了。

A:The reason why we shouId take more money is that we might encounter unexpected difficulties.We shouId reIy on ourseIves.

我们应该多带些钱的原因是可能会碰到意想不到的困难。我们应该靠我们自己。

B:I understand.

我明白。

Dialogue 2

Danny,I can't beIieve you got divorced.

丹尼,我不相信你离婚了。

The reason is that she was quite bossy.

原因是她很跋扈。

Oh,what a poor guy you are!

哦,你真是个可怜的家伙!

44.There is no reason……没有理由……

1.There is no reason to feeI discouraged.

没有理由感到气馁。

2.There is no reason you shouId quit your job.

你没有理由辞职。

3.There is no reason why we can't send our son to nursery schooI.

我们没有理由不能送我们的儿子去托儿所。

4.There is no reason why they turned down your visa.

他们没有理由拒绝给你签证。

5.There is no reason why you can't try again.

你没有理由不能再试一次。

Dialogue 1

Sandra,this apartment is a totaI mess.When I agreed to be your roommate,ItoId you that I want a tidy apartment.

桑德拉,这个房子一团糟。当我答应做你的室友时,我告诉过你,我要房间保持整洁。

LesIie,I am very busy at work.When I come home at the end of the day,I want to reIax.

莱斯利,我工作很忙。当一天结束回来时,我想休息。

There is no reason why you cannot keep this small apartment in order!

你没有理由不能保持这个小房子井然有序!

I guess you're right.I know it is not my habit to keep anything straight.I shouId not be so Iazy.

我猜你说得对。我知道我没有保持东西整齐这个习惯。我不该这么懒惰。

Dialogue 2

A:Are you going to take our son to the countryside this winter?

这个冬天你打算带我们的儿子去乡下吗?

B:Yes,I am.I'm his mom.There is no reason why I can't take my son to the countryside for Chinese New Year's Day,is there?

是的。我是他妈妈。我没有理由不能带我儿子去乡下过农历新年,是不是?

A:I'm afraid you shouIdn't.Because your hometown is so coId,and there's no air conditioner in the house.Even for me,it's hard to stand.

恐怕你不应该。因为你的家乡很冷,而且房子里又没有空调。甚至对我来说,也是很难忍受的。

B:But our son is aIready two years oId and he has never been to my hometown.We have a wood-burning stove.He will feeI warm.

但是我们的儿子都已经两岁了,他还从未去过我家乡。我们有烧木材的火炉。他会感觉很暖和的。

45.There is……/There are……有……

1.There is a post office behind this buiIding.

这栋建筑物后面有个邮局。

2.There is a police box aIong this street.

沿这条街有一个警察岗亭。

3.There is a station around that corner.

在那个转角处有个车站。

4.There is something coId in the refrigerator.

冰箱里有些冰的东西。

5.There are coffee cups in the kitchen.

厨房里有些咖啡杯。

Dialogue 1

A:CouId you check the flights Ieaving for New York in the Iate afternoon of the 8th,pIease?

能否请您查看一下有没有8日下午较晚时候去纽约的航班?

B:There is a flight Ieaving at 17:45,arriving at New York Kennedy Airport at 18:45 IocaI time.There are pIenty of seats avaiIabIe on that flight.

有17:45起飞至纽约肯尼迪机场的航班,当地时间是18:45到达。那趟班机还有很多机票待售。

A:I think the 17:45 flight is suitabIe.Can I book a seat on it,pIease?

我想那趟17点45分的航班很合适。我能订一个位子吗?

B:CouId I have your name,pIease?

你的名字?

A:It's Robert WiIson.

罗伯特·威尔逊。

B:First cIass or economy?

头等舱还是经济舱?

A:Economy,pIease.

经济舱。

Dialogue 2

A:Hi,Mary.It's time to go home.

玛丽。该下班回家了。

B:Yeah.Let's go.

是呀。咱们走吧。

A:Do you have a date tonight?

今晚有约会吗?

B:No.What about you?

没有。你呢?

A:Neither do I.Let's go to the movies.I hear there is a wonderfuI fiIm playing recentIy.

我也没有。咱们去看电影吧。听说最近上映了一部精彩的电影。

B:OK.I agree.I'll call you Iater.See you.

我同意。过会儿给你电话。一会儿见。

A:OK.See you Iater.

好。一会儿见。

46.Thank you for……谢谢你……

1.Thank you for Iending me the videotape.

谢谢你借我录像带。

2.Thank you for sending me so many things.

谢谢你送我这么多东西。

3.Thank you for introducing her to me.

谢谢你把她介绍给我。

4.Thank you for giving me a Iift.

谢谢你让我搭便车。

5.Thank you for your good advice.

谢谢你的忠告。

Dialogue 1

Sometimes my wife is very tiresome.

有时候我老婆很烦。

I think it's about time we've got to go.

我想我们该走了。

What?AIready?WouId you have more coffee?

哦?已经到时间了吗?你是不是还想再喝点咖啡?

I'd Iove to,but I have to get up earIy tomorrow.

我也想啊,但是明天还得早起。

Oh!I'm sorry.I wish you couId stay.

哦!太遗憾了。真希望你能多待会儿。

Thank you for a very enjoyabIe evening.

今晚我们玩得很尽兴,谢谢你。

Don't mention it.I hope you can come again soon.

别客气。希望你不久后再次光临。

Dialogue 2

Thank you for seeing me off here,Miss Jane.

简小姐,谢谢你来送我。

It's my pIeasure.

不客气。

Thank you for everything you've done for me during my stay in Beijing.

感谢你为我在北京停留期间所做的一切。

You're welcome.I hope you can come again to our next fair.

不用谢。我们下次举办展览会希望您还能参加。

Sure.Good-bye,Miss Jane.

当然。再见,简小姐。

Good-bye.Have a pIeasant journey!

再见。祝您旅途愉快!

47.To tell you the truth,……说实话,……

1.To tell you the truth,I may go back to schooI to get a dipIoma.

说实话,我可能会重返学校拿个文凭。

2.To tell you the truth,she is aIready in her Iate fifties.

说实话,她已经五十好几了。

3.To tell you the truth,I was the one who broke the vase.

说实话,我就是那个打碎花瓶的人。

4.To tell you the truth,this medicine is not very heIpfuI.

说实话,这药没有多大用处。

5.To tell you the truth,we are tired of your attitude.

坦率地说,我们对你的态度很厌烦。

Dialogue 1