书城外语日常286词玩转英语口语
18647600000021

第21章 I(2)

A:You should be patient to what we said. Do you know we all consider for you?

你应该对我们说的话有点耐心。你知道吗?我们都是在为你着想。

B:I know you all care about me, but I have my own idea. I want to follow my own willing to do anything.

我知道你们都关心我,但是我有我自己的想法,我想按照自己的意愿去做一切事情。

Notes:

1. be patient to对……有耐心

2. consider for sb.为某人着想

3. care about关心,担心

interest

兴趣,关注,趣味,引人关注的性质,吸引力,利息,利益好处

Useful Phrases实用短语

①have sb.'s interests at heart关心……的幸福成功,暗暗地替……着想

Since I was born, my mother always have my interests at heart.

自从出生以来,母亲就一直关心着我的幸福成功。

②interest sb. in sth.劝某人买(或做,吃)

Mary, please don't interest me in tasting this kind of icecream.

玛丽,请不要劝我尝这个口味的冰淇淋。

③in the interest (s) of sth.为了,为帮助(或取得)

In the interests of passengers'safety, please don't smoke on the bus.

为了乘客的安全,请勿在公共汽车上吸烟。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:I don't feel comfortable when the salesman interest me in buying their goods.

当销售员劝我买他们的商品时,我感觉不舒服。

B:Neither do I. Sometimes we just neend't the goods what we have bought.

我也是。有时我们买的东西我们根本就不需要。

A:And recently most of people prefer to buy goods from the internet. So you needn't worry about the salesman interesting you in buying their goods.

并且最近人们更愿意从网络上来买东西。那么你就不用担心售货员会劝你买他们的东西了。

B:Besides, it's more convenient than the traditional shopping way. And you can choose anything you want without going out your house.

除此之外,这比传统的购物方式更加方便。你可以足不出户就能从网络上买到你想要买的任何东西。

Notes:

1. prefer to更加喜欢,宁愿

2. worry about为……担心,焦虑

intent热切的,专注的,专心,专注

Useful Phrases实用短语

①intent on/upon doing sth.决心做……(尤指做伤害他人的事)

They intent on stealing.

他们存心偷盗。

②intent on sth.专心,专注

I was intenting on talking with him so that I forgot to get off when the bus arrived at my station.

我光顾着与他聊天了以至于车到站了我都忘了下。

③to all intents and purposes几乎完全,差不多等于

The three articles are, to all intents and purposes,identical.

这三篇文章几乎完全一样。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:After all day's work, I can't intent on book. But next week I have an exam, I have to study hard.

工作一整天以后,我根本就不能专心地读书了。但是,下周我还有一个考试,我必须得好好学习。

B:But you look so tired. You'd better have a rest even if one hour.

但是你看上去很累。你最好休息一下哪怕是一小时。

A:When I see the mathematic book, I just can't fall asleep any more. You know I'm really poor at math.

每当我看见数学书时就再也无法入睡了。你知道我的数学真的很差。

B:Well, you should be more confident. That’ll be enough as long as you have tried your best.

哦,你应该更加自信点。只要你已经尽全力那就足够了。

Notes:

1. have a rest休息一会儿

2. mathematic [,maeθ?'maetik] adj. 数学的,精确的

3. fall asleep入睡,睡着

4. be poor at……不擅长,在……方面差

5. as long as只要,如果,和……一样

iron铁,熨斗

Useful Phrases实用短语

①have several ,ect .irons in the fire分散活动(或经营);广泛撒网

Although this company went bankrupcy but he had several irons in the fire.

尽管这家公司倒闭了,但他还有其他几家(分部)在经营。

②iron out sth.解决问题(或困难)

We still have some difficult things to be ironed out now.

现在我们还有几件棘手的事情需要解决。

③iron sth. out熨平(衣服等的褶皱)

Please help me iron this suit out before I wear them in the next morning.

请在我明早穿这套西装前帮我把它熨平。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:Don't worry about me. You know I can iron it out.

不用担心我,我能处理好它。

B:I believe you, and if you have any trouble, please remember to tell me. I'll do my best to help you.

我相信你,但是如果你有什么想让我帮忙的就告诉我一声。我会尽全力帮你。

A:A friend in need is a friend indeed. I’m so lucky for having a friend like you.

患难见真情。我很幸运能有你这样的朋友。

B:Me too.

我也是。

Notes:

1. remember to记得去……

2. A friend in need is a friend indeed.患难见真情。

inside在……内,在……里。里面,内部,内侧

Useful Phrases实用短语

①on the inside属于某团伙(或组织的);知情的

This espionage must have had someone on the inside to help them.

这个间谍组织一定有内应。

②turn sth. inside out把某处翻得乱七八糟

The theif had turned the house inside out.

小偷把房子翻得乱七八糟。

③inside out里面朝外

You've got your T-shirt inside out.

你把T恤穿反了。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:When we arrived at her house, to our surprise, the house was turned inside out by the theif.

当我们到她家时,让我们吃惊的是房子被小偷翻得乱七八糟的。

B:Oh, my God. Did you call the police?

哦,天哪。你们报警了吗?

A:Yes, we did.

是啊,我们报警了。

B:But they don't have any clue. The investigation seems to be a little difficult for them.

但是他们没有线索。调查似乎对他们来说有点困难。

Notes:

1. clue [klu:] n,v. 线索,情节,为……停供线索

2. investigation [in,vesti'gei∫?n] n. 调查,调查研究