书城外语商务英语公文900句典
11525600000009

第9章 商讨付款方式

Just as in domestic trade, any transaction in international trade, large or small, has to be settled through payment by the buyer.However, payment in international trade is often beset with more difficulties owing to the fact that either party to a business transaction has relatively limited knowledge of the financial strength and commercial reputation of his counterpart.To guarantee the punctual delivery on the part of the seller and payment by the buyer, different terms of payments have been created, which can be divided into remittance, collection and letter of credit.The most generally used terms of payment in the financing of international trade is the letter of credit, which is a reliable and safe terms of payment for both sides.

如同国内贸易那样,任何国际贸易,无论金额大小,都要通过买方付款来结算。然而,因为交易双方对彼此的财务状况及商业信誉的了解相对有限,所以国际贸易支付往往会遇到许多困难。为保证卖方按时交货及买方按时付款,出现了几种不同的付款方式,如汇付、托收及信用证等。国际贸易中最常用的付款方式是信用证,因为对买卖双方来说,信用证既安全又可靠。

How do you intend to handle... 贵方打算如何处理……

How do you intend to handle the terms of payment?

贵方打算如何处理付款方式?

How do you intend to handle the exchange rate problem?

贵方打算如何处理汇率问题?

How do you intend to handle the rest money?

贵方打算如何处理余款?

what are the terms of payment ……付款方式是什么?

Would you please tell us what are the terms of payment?

请贵方告诉我方贵方的付款方式是什么?

Could you please tell us what are the terms of payment?

请贵方告诉我们贵方的付款方式是什么?

What are the terms of payment in your formal trade?

贵方正式贸易中采用什么付款方式?

Payment in advance is... 预付是……

Payment in advance is our first choice.

预付是我方的首选付款方式。

Payment in advance is the only term of payment.

预付是唯一的付款方式。

We require payment... 我方要求以……付款方式。

We require payment by confirmed irrevocable letter of credit.

我方要求以保兑的不可撤销的信用证为付款方式。

We require payment by sight letter of credit.

我方要求以即期不可撤销的信用证为付款方式。

We require payment by D/P at sight.

我方要求即期付款交单。

We require payment on collection basis.

我们要求按托收方式支付货款。

You can pay... 贵方可以……付款

You can pay on a 10 month instalment plan.

贵方可以分10个月来分期付款。

You can pay in dollars.

贵方可以用美元结算。

You can pay on 3months credits.

贵方可以用3个月的信用贷款。

You can pay in 1month.

贵方可以1个月内付款。

We ask for... 我们要求……

We ask for a 10% payment when you order.

我方要求订货时先交10%的货款。

We ask for a 20% down payment.

我方要求20%的保证金。

We ask for an installment plan.

我方要求分期付款。

Regarding/As to the terms of payment, I need time to... 至于付款方式,我需要时间……

Regarding/As to the terms of payment, I need time to make the decision.

至于付款方式,我需要时间来作决定。

Regarding/As to the terms of payment, I need time to consult it with my colleagues.

至于付款方式,我需要时间和我的同事商议。

Regarding/As to the terms of payment, I need time to report it to our headquarters.

至于付款方式,我需要时间来向总部汇报。

Regarding/As to the terms of payment, I need time to give you a satisfactory answer.

至于付款方式,我需要时间来给您一个满意的答复。

Let s... 让我们……

Let s break the ice.

让我们打破僵局。

Let s meet each other half way.

让我们各退一步。

We agree to such terms... 我方接受这种付款方式……

We agree to such terms only once, not next.

我方接受这种付款方式,仅此一次,下不为例。

We agree to such terms only under unusual circumstances.

我方仅在情况特殊的条件下接受这种付款方式。

We agree to such terms only for this order.

我方接受这种付款方式,仅此一笔订单。

remit/remittance 汇寄/汇款

We shall remit to you the proceeds upon receipt of the samples.

一收到样品后,我方就把款汇出。

Please send documents to us directly and we will remit.

请将单据直接寄给我方,款项由我方汇出。

They request us to make a remittance for US$1,500.

他们要求我们汇出1500美元。

Please return the enclosed order with remittance to the address given.

请将所附订单及汇款按指定的地址退回。

It is very important that all remittances be received at our office on the date specified in the contract.

重要的是,应使我方应该在合同规定的日期收到各笔汇款。

Please pay within... 请在……内付款

Please pay within seven days.

请在7天内付款。

Please pay within the time we proposed as soon as possible.

请在我们商定的时间内尽可能快地付款。

Please pay within one month.

请在1个月内付款。

We would like you to...我方希望贵方……

We would like you to open a letter of credit.

我方希望贵方开立信用证。

We would like you to send a letter of credit covering your order.

我方希望贵方寄来涵盖贵方订货的信用证。

We would like you to mail us a cheque to settle the balance.

我方希望贵方寄一张支票以结清余额。

I m afraid that we... 恐怕我方……

I m afraid that we must stick to our usual terms of payment.

恐怕我方必须坚持我方通常的付款方式。

I m afraid that we cannot accept your terms of payment.

恐怕我方不能接受贵方的付款方式。

I m afraid the we can only pay you by unconfirmed letter of credit.

恐怕我方只能够以不保兑信用证向贵方付款。

It s hard for us to...我方很难……

It s hard for us to accept the terms of payment.

我方很难接受这种付款方式。

It s hard for us to comply with your terms.

我方很难遵循贵方的付款方式。

It s hard for us to draw the negotiable letter of credit.

我方很难开立可议付的信用证。 We feel the terms of payment are... 我方觉得这种付款方式……

We feel the terms of payment are a bit stiff.

我方觉得这种付款方式有点苛刻。

We feel the terms of payment are too severe.

我方觉得这种付款方式十分苛刻。

We feel the terms of payment are unacceptable.

我方觉得这种付款方式令人无法接受。

We feel the terms of payment are unprofitable.

我方觉得这种付款方式无利可图。

We feel the terms of payment are very preferential.

我方觉得这种付款方式十分优惠。

tie up 冻结资金,占用资金

When we open a letter of credit with a bank, we have to pay a deposit.That ll tie up part of our money.

向银行申请开立信用证,我方必须先付一笔开证押金,这样便占用了我方的部分资金。

The tie up of fund for 3to 4months in the bank is particularly taxing, owing to the tight money conditions.

由于银根很紧,资金冻结在银行3至4个月的负担确实过重。

It is usual/unusual... 通常(不)……

It is unusual for us to accept payment by document against acceptance.

我方通常不接受承兑交单的付款方式。

It is usual with us to take up references before we begin to do business with a new customer.

在同新客户进行交易之前,我方通常要进行资信查询。

It s advisable to...……是明智的,可行的

It s advisable to deal with our transaction by the common practice.

按惯例来进行我们的交易是很明智的。

It s advisable to pay by letter of credit.

用信用证付款是可行的。

It s advisable to reconsider the terms of payment.

重新考虑付款方式是明智的。

A letter of credit would... 信用证会……

A letter of credit would increase the cost of our import.

信用证会增加我方进口成本。

A letter of credit would cause us a lot of unnecessary trouble.

信用证会给我方造成许多不必要的麻烦。

A letter of credit would make us fall into a difficult situation.

信用证会使我方陷入困难的境地。

A letter of credit would tie up our money.

信用证会占用我方的资金。

An irrevocable L/C is...不可撤销的信用证……

An irrevocable L/C is fundamental in world trade.

不可撤销的信用证在国际贸易中是最基本的。

An irrevocable L/C is reliable and safe.

不可撤销的信用证既可靠又安全。

An irrevocable L/C is of mutual benefits.

不可撤销的信用证可以实现互利。

We agree/are in accord with/are in agreement/reach an agreement on the terms of payment 我们已就付款方式取得了一致意见

We agree the terms of payment.

我们已就付款方式取得了一致意见。

We are in accord with the terms of payment.

我们已就付款方式取得了一致意见。

We are in agreement on the terms of payment.

我们已就付款方式取得了一致意见。

We reach an agreement on the terms of payment.

我们已就付款方式取得了一致意见。

商谈付款方式函:

Dear Sirs,

Since our Mr.Brown s return, we have thoroughly considered the terms of payment discussed with your Mr.Wu.We are in agreement with your proposals and hereby give you in writing the terms and conditions which have been agreed upon as follows:

1.Your terms of payment are confirmed, irrevocable letter of credit with draft at sight instead of D/P at sight.

2.The price quoted to us are net with no discount whatsoever.

The above terms of payment were approved by our manager and will be acted upon accordingly.The relative order is now being prepared and will be sent to you in the course of next week.

Taking this opportunity, we would like to inform you that our representative at the forthcoming Guangzhou Fair will still be Mr.Brown, who will doubtlessly write to you about it.We sincerely hope that future discussions between us will result in further business to our mutual advantage.

Yours faithfully,

敬启者:

由于从布朗先生归来以后,我方已透彻地考虑了同贵方吴先生所谈的付款方式问题。我方同意贵方的建议,并特此去函写明已经商定的条款及条件,内容如下:

1.贵方的付款方式是保兑的、不可撤销的即期信用证而不是即期付款交单。

2.报给我方的价格是净价不含折扣。

以上的付款方式已由我方经理批准并且我方将立即遵照执行。相关订单正在缮制当中,下周将送到贵处。

借此机会,我方想通知贵方,我方出席即将召开的广交会的代表仍然是布朗先生,当然,他会就此事写信给贵方的。我方真诚地希望今后我们两个公司间的商谈会给我们带来更多的互利贸易。

拒绝对方付款方式回函:

Dear Sirs,

We thank you for your order No.23A46for 200 air conditioners and appreciate your intention to push the sales of our products in your country.However, your suggestion of payment by time L/C is unacceptable.Our usual practice is to accept orders against confirmed, irrevocable L/C at sight, valid for 3weeks after shipment is made and allow transshipment and partial shipments.

As per the above terms we have done substantial business.We hope you will not hesitate to come to agreement with us on payment terms so as to get the first transaction conclude.

Your favorable reply will be highly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

敬启者:

感谢贵方订购200台空调的第23A46号订单及贵方想在贵国推销我方产品的愿望。然而,我方不能接受贵方远期信用证的付款方式。我方的惯例是:接受保兑的、不可撤销的、有效期为装船后3周的即期信用证,允许转船和分批装运。

根据以上条件,我方已经做成很多交易。我方希望贵方毫不犹豫地接受我方的付款方式,达成第一笔交易。

恭候佳音。

接受对方付款方式回函:

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your order of iron nails as per your letter of 5May.

Your proposal of paying by L/C at 30 days has been carefully studied by us.Usually, time credit is not acceptable to us.However, in view of our long pleasant relations as well as our willingness to support our African friends, we agree with you this time.But let us make it clear that this accommodation is only for this transaction, which will in no case set a precedent.

Attached herewith is our sales contract No.105covering the above order.Please follow the usual procedure.

Yours faithfully,

敬启者:

感谢贵方5月5日订购铁钉的来信。

我方已经认真研究贵方用30天议付的信用证支付的建议。我方通常不接受远期信用证。然而,鉴于我们长期的友好关系及对非洲支持朋友的愿望,我方接受贵方建议。但必须说明的是,这样的照顾只限此笔交易,下不为例。

随函附寄我方上述订单的第105号销售合同,请按惯例办理。

汇票付款回函:

Dear Sirs,

Our custom is to accept payment by L/C.But in order to facilitate your efforts in introducing our products to your market, we are now giving you a special accommodation by granting D/P.You are requested to honor our draft on pre sentation.

Please give us your order.

Yours truly,

敬启者:

我方的惯例是以信用证方式付款。为了帮助贵方将我方的产品引进贵方市场,我方将给予贵方特别优惠,同意贵方以付款交单方式支付。一经出示我方的汇票,请贵方马上付款。

请贵方尽快订货。

信用证付款回函:

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your L/C No.B 7385covering your order No.293for copper plates.

Upon checking, however, we found that the name of the commodity was incorrectly described as “iron plate”, and the shipment date expires on 10May.

The first available ship will sail around 15May and we will be unable to negotiate the draft to our banker on account of the difference of the commodity name.

We have to ask you, therefore, to amend the L/C within a couple of days with the name of the commodity changed to “copper plates” and extend the valid ity and shipping date to the end of May.

If acceptable, please cable your L/C amendment.

Yours sincerely,

敬启者:

感谢贵方,关于订购铜板的第293号订单的第B 7385号信用证。

经审核,我方发现品名被错写成“铁板”,而装运期至5月10日截止。

第一艘可订到舱位的货轮将在5月15日左右起航,而且由于品名不同,我方将无法向我方银行申请议付。

因此,我方不得不请贵方在几天之内修改信用证,将品名改为“铜板”,并且将信用证有效期和船期延长至5月底。

如果贵方同意,请电告信用证的修改内容。

承兑交单付款回函:

Dear Sirs,

We are the largest department store in Kuwait and have recently received a number of inquiries for your stainless steel cutlery.We think there are good prospects for the sale of this cutlery, but at present it is little known here and as we cannot count on regular sales, we do not feel able to make purchases on our own account.

We are, therefore, writing to suggest that you send us a trial delivery for sale on D/A terms.We make the proposal hoping to place firm orders when the market is established.

We believe our proposal offers good prospects and hope you will be willing to give it a trial.As to our standing, you may check it with our bankers, the National Bank of Kuwait.

Yours faithfully,

敬启者:

我方是科威特最大的百货商店。最近,我方收到客户大量的求购贵方不锈钢餐刀的询盘。我方认为,这种餐刀销售前景甚佳。但因为目前本地对这种产品了解甚少,并且我方不能定期销售,所以我方不可能独立购进这些产品。

因此,兹复函建议贵方以D/A(承兑交单)方式向我方发货试销。我方提出此项建议,是想本地市场打开后,能够定期向贵方订购。

我方相信,我方的建议前景甚好,并希望贵方同意试销。关于我方资信状况,贵方可向我方银行,即科威特国家银行了解。

电汇付款回函:

Dear Sirs,

We are pleased to acknowledge your order of 15April for our new paints and varnishes.

The arrangements you proposed to meet our accounts are quite satisfactory.A cable has been dispatched to you to this effect.All items included in your order can be supplied from stock and will be packed and shipped immediately after your remittance by T/T is received.The following documents will be airmailed to you directly after shipment is made.

Bill of Lading in duplicate

Invoice CIF Tripoli in triplicate

Insurance policy for 110% of invoice value

Certificate of Quality

You may rely upon our giving prompt attention to this and any further orders you may place with us.We will of course notify you by cable as soon as your order is shipped.

Yours faithfully,

敬启者:

很高兴收到贵方4月15日求购我方油漆及清漆的订单。

贵方为支付我方款项所作的安排,令我方十分满意。为实施这一安排,我方已经向贵方发出电报。贵方订单中的所有产品均可现货供应。收到贵方电汇后,我方将立即包装、装船。装船后,我方将立即将以下单据航邮给贵方:

提货单一式两份

CIF 的黎波里发票一式三份

发票金额110% 的保单一份

质量证明书一份

对本次及以后的订单,我方会立即办理,敬请放心。贵方所订货物一经装船,我方当即电告贵方。