书城外语出行英语会话想说就会说
10007100000005

第5章 乘飞机旅行(Ⅱ)

登机

中西文化

搭飞机可不像平时搭车那么方便容易。光是机场的手续就很繁琐。在登记前一定要弄清楚登机口的号码(the gate number)!外国人搭机抵达美国国境,必须在最先着陆的机场办理入境手续,亦即在机场接受移民官及海关关员的检验。前者检查旅客来美资格,亦即是否可以入境;后者检查旅客的行李是否应交关税,或有违禁物品应予没收。

典型对话

1.查 看 登 机 牌

A:Good morning. Welcome aboard. This way, please.

A:早上好,欢迎乘坐本次航班。请往这边来。

B:Thank you. Can you direct me to the seat?

B:谢谢你。你能把我的座位指给我吗?

A:Certainly, may I have your boarding pass, please?

A:当然,我可以看看您的登机牌吗?

B:Sure, here it is.

B:可以,给你。

2.寻 找 座 位

A:May I help you find your seat?

A:我可以帮您找您的座位吗?

B:Yes, please. It's 3 J.

B:是的,请您帮忙。是3 J。

A:Right here, the window seat, sir.

A:就在这儿,是靠窗的座位,先生。

B:Thank you.

B:谢谢您。

3.询 问 旅 程 时 间

A:How long does the flight take?

A:这次飞行要多久?

B:Only 40 minutes.

B:只需40分钟。

A:Thank you.

A:谢谢您。

B:You're welcome, sir. Have a nice trip!

B:不客气,先生,祝您旅途愉快!

4.选 择 座 位

A:I prefer a window seat.

A:我比较喜欢靠窗的座位。

B:Oh, you do?

B:哦,是吗?

A:Yes.

A:是的。

B:Good, looking out of the window sometimes scares me. So I prefer to be the man in the middle.

B:那好啊。往窗外看有时让我害怕,所以我更喜欢坐在中间。

5.交 换 座 位

A:Welcome to fly Southern Airline! May I see your boarding pass, Miss?

A:欢迎乘坐南方航空班机。小姐,请出示登机牌可以吗?

B:Yes, here you are. Which way?

B:请看。往哪一边走?

A:This way, please.

A:请这边走。

B:Oh, someone has taken my seat! Excuse me, sir. I think you're sitting in my seat.

B:噢,有人占了我的位置!对不起,先生。我想你坐在我的位置上了。

C:Oh, are you 12C? Actually my seat is 12A, the window seat. But I wonder if you'd mind switching. You see, I get airsick easily. If I could sit by aisle, I can go to the bathroom easily.

C:噢, 你是12C吗?实际上我的座位是12A,靠窗的位置。但不知道你是否介意换一下座位。我很容易晕机。假如我坐在走道边的话,我很容易去洗手间。

B:Oh, OK. You could take the aisle seat. Never mind. In fact, I prefer window seat.

B:噢,好的。你请坐吧。没关系,事实上,我更喜欢靠窗的座位。

C:That's good. Thanks.

C:那太好了。谢谢。

Asking for Help on the Plane机上求助

中西文化

从一个地方飞到另一个地方的旅途中,空姐是很忙碌的。有很多情况会使飞机颠簸。而且,飞机上载满了乘客,许多乘客会要毯子、水、饮料和杂志。一趟旅行下来,空姐们往往是很疲惫的。

典型对话

1.调 整 座 位

A:Excuse me, Miss. I'm having trouble with my chair.

A:打扰一下,小姐。我的椅子调不好。

B:I'll push the button, and you pull it forward, please.

B:我来按按钮,您向前推。

A:May I unfasten my seat belt now?

A:我现在可以解开安全带了吗?

B:Yes, sir, but we suggest you wear it loosely buckled.

B:可以,先生。但是我们建议您系着安全带,扣得松一点。

2.索 要 晕 机 药

A:Is there anything I can do for you, sir?

A:我能为您做点什么,先生?

B:Yes. I want to lie back and take a rest, but I don't know how to adjust my seat.

B:是的,我想往后靠,休息一下。但是我不知道怎么调节我的座位。

A:If you want to relax, please push the seat reclined button in the armrest.

(after a while)

A:如果您想休息一下,请按一下扶手里的那个座位倾斜按钮。

(过一会儿)

A:Are you comfortable now?

A:您现在舒服点了吗?

B:Yes. Thank you. Will you give me some pills for airsickness?

B:好多了,谢谢。你可以给我一些晕机的药吗?

A:I'll bring you some in a moment.

A:可以,我马上去取。

3.请 求 调 座 (1)

A:I feel terribly trick, miss. I wonder if I could change my seat to the front part.

A:我感觉特别恶心。小姐,不知我能不能把我的座位换到前面?

B:Well, wait a moment, will you? There's no vacant seat now. So I'll have to ask.

B:好的,请您稍等一下。现在前面没有空座了,所以我得问一问。

A:Thank you, Miss.

A:谢谢你,小姐。

4.请 求 调 座 (2)

A:Which plane do you take? May I have your flight number?

A:你乘哪个航班?你能告诉我航班号吗?

B:NWC 168 to Oslo.

B:坐NWC168航班到奥斯陆。

A:May I see your boarding pass?

A:可以看一下你的登机牌吗?

B:Sure, here you are.

B:当然,请看。

A:The plane will take off.

A:这架飞机要起飞了。

B:I feel sick, would you mind trading seats with me?

B:我有点晕机,你能给我换个座位吗?

A:Just a moment, I'll fix it.

A:请稍等,我来安排一下。

B:Thanks.

B:谢谢。

5.晕 机 呕 吐

A:Oh, you look kind of pale. What's the matter?

A:咦,你看起来脸色有点苍白。怎么回事呢?

B:I feel sick.

B:我有点不舒服。

A:Do you? Just a minute. Let me get the airsick bag ready. Here.

A:真的吗?等一下,让我先把呕吐袋准备好。拿去吧。

B:Thank you.

B:谢谢你。

A:Shall I get you some water?

A:要不要我帮你弄点水来?

B:No, thank you. I'll be all right as soon as the plane gets out of this turbulence.

B:不了,谢谢你。只要飞机脱离这湍流,我就没事了。

6.晕 机 吃 药

A:I'm not feeling well. Could I stretch out on those two empty seats?

A:我感到不舒服。我能占用那两个空位吗?

B:No problem. You are probably airsick, and I'll get some medicine for you right away.

B:没问题,你大概是晕机,我马上去给你拿些药来。

A:Thank you.

A:谢谢你。

B:Here are your pillow and blanket.

B:这是给你的枕头和毯子。

A:Thank you very much.

A:非常感谢。

7.索 要 杂 志

A:Excuse me, sir!

A:先生。

B:Yes, ma'am?

B:请问您有什么事吗?

A:May I have a magazine or something else?

A:可以拿给我一本杂志或别的什么吗?

B:Certainly. Just a moment. I'll be right back with one. Which do you prefer, one in English or in Chinese?

B:没问题。请等一等。我马上就带一本来。你喜欢英文还是中文的?

A:One in English, please.

A:请给我一本英文的。

B:All right, ma'am.

B:好的,夫人。

8.索 要 毯 子

A:Excuse me!

A:对不起。

B:Yes?

B:您有什么事吗?

A:Could I have a blanket?

A:我可以拿条毯子吗?

B:I'm afraid there aren't any at the moment. Can you wait just a little while?

B:现在恐怕没毯子。能不能请您稍候一下呢?

A:OK, I will.

A:好啊。

B:I'll bring you one as soon as I find one available.

B:只要我找到多余的毯子,就拿来给您。

A:Would you? please. Thank you.

A:那就麻烦你了。谢谢。

Having Meals on the Plane机上用餐

中西文化

现在国内的航班都提供免费的食品给乘客,有些航空公司的餐点还很可口。可是,在美国,如果你在经济舱,航空公司是不提供食品给旅客的,只有饮料(beverage)。

在飞机上应饮食适量,且勿携带味道特殊的食物影响机舱内气味。进餐时,应将椅背竖直,并将前座背后的小桌拉放下来以便服务员将菜盘放上;用餐时禁止走动,以免妨碍餐车作业;机上供应的餐点,视航线及航空公司不同而有差异,一般分为猪肉、牛肉、鸡肉、鱼肉等,如吃素者,请尽早告知旅行社;高空上,因机舱压力太大,不宜饮酒过量,以免影响身体健康。

典型对话

1.索 要 零 食

A:Could I have something to drink, Miss?

A:小姐,能给我来点喝的吗?

B:Sure. The service cart will be down the aisle in a moment.

B:当然。服务车一会儿就到这边来。

A:Could I purchase a snack? I'm hungry.

A:我可以买份零食吗?我饿了。

B:Let me give you some peanuts, and dinner will be served soon.

B:我先给您点花生,午餐一会儿就来。

2.索 要 果 汁

A:I'll have a juice, please, Miss?

A:小姐,我想要杯果汁。

B:Yes, orange, pineapple, and tomato, sir.

B:好的,先生,有橘子汁、菠萝汁和番茄汁。

A:I'll have a pineapple, please.

A:请给我一杯菠萝汁吧。

B:Here you are.

B:给您。

3.机 上 用 餐 (1)

A:Boy, that was a good nap. Is dinner ready?

A:哎呀,这一觉睡得真香。晚饭好了吗?

B:Yes. I ordered chicken for you. Please open your tray table. It's coming.

B:是的,我为您点了鸡肉。请把你的托盘桌打开吧,饭来了。

A:It's very considerate of you.

A:你想的真周到。

4. 机 上 用 餐 (2)

A:For lunch we have chicken, beef and Chinese noodles. Which one would you like?

A:午餐我们提供鸡肉、牛肉和中国面条。请问您要哪样?

B:Chinese noodles, please.

B:请来中国面条。

A:Would you care for some red wine?

A:您想喝点儿红酒吗?

B:No, thanks.

B:不,谢谢。

5.机 上 饮 咖 啡 (1)

A:What would you like to drink?

A:您想喝点儿什么?

B:Coffee, please.

B:请来一杯咖啡。

A:With sugar and cream?

A:要加牛奶和糖吗?

B:No, thanks.

B:不,谢谢。

6. 机 上 饮 咖 啡 (2)

A:What would you like for dessert, sir? We have a choice, egg cakes and ice cream.

A:先生,您想吃什么甜点,我们有蛋挞和冰淇淋供您选择。

B:No, thank you. I don't need any. You see, I'm on a diet.

B:不了,谢谢,我什么都不要,你知道我还在节食呢。

A:Oh, well, perhaps you'd like a cup of coffee or tea.

A:哦,要不您叫杯咖啡或茶?

B:Yes, coffee, please.

B:那就请给我一杯咖啡吧。

Asking for Information询问信息

中西文化

空中小姐的说明:女士们、先生们,早上好。我代表英国航空公司的机长迈亚和全体机组人员欢迎您乘坐南安普顿的先驱号航班。我们的飞行时间大约是45分钟,飞行高度为8000英尺,巡航速度为每小时250英里。我想请您注意在您前面的座位口袋里的“飞行安全”手册,我们请您务必阅读。同时,您还会发现一本《飞行路线》杂志,您或许会对此感兴趣。不熟悉此类飞机的人请注意,在机舱右侧,当机舱前面的信号关闭后,您可以吸烟。请您任何时候都不要在飞机后部的厕所内吸烟。机上设有免税店。飞行中您可以买到香烟、烈酒、啤酒及矿泉水。如果您在飞行中有任何疑问,请随时向两位空中小姐询问。现在请您系好安全带,将桌子垂直放好,我们准备起飞。祝您飞行愉快。谢谢。

典型对话

1.询 问 飞 行 时 间 (1)

A:How long does the flight take?

A:这次飞行要多久?

B:Only 40 minutes.

B:只需40分钟。

A:Thank you.

A:谢谢您。

B:You're welcome, sir. Have a nice trip!

B:不客气,先生,祝您旅途愉快!

2.询 问 飞 行 时 间 (2)

A:How long is the flight to New York?

A:到纽约需飞行多长时间?

B:It's about 12 hours. We're supposed to get to NY at 10.

B:大约12个小时。我们预计10点到纽约。

A:Is that New York time?

A:是纽约时间吗?

B:Yes. 10 p.m.

B:是的,晚上10点。

3.询 问 转 机 时 间

A:How much longer does it take to get to Beijing?

A:还要多久到北京?

B:In less than 2 hours. We are on time.

B:还有不到两个小时,我们会正点到。

A:That's great. I'm anxious about my connecting flight. Do you have any Chinese newspapers?

A:太好了。我还很担心转机呢。你们有中文报纸吗?

B:Yes, we have, sir. We have China Daily. Do you want a copy?

B:有的,先生。我们有中国日报,您要一份吗?

A:Yes, please. And please get me some more water.

A:是的,请给我一份。请再给我点水。

B:All right. Just a moment, please.

B:好的,请稍等。

4.台 北 时 间

A:Excuse me. What's the actual flying time from here to San Francisco?

A:对不起。从这儿到旧金山的实际飞航时间是多久?

B:It's about twelve hours.

B:大约12个小时。

A:Can you tell me what time we're arriving?

A:能否告诉我咱们什么时候到达?

B:Sure. Let me see at 6:15 a.m. local time tomorrow.

B:当然了。让我想一下,我们会在当地时间明天清晨6点15分到达。

A:I see. And that'll be 10:15 p. m. Taipei time.

A:我懂了。也就是台北时间晚上10点15分。

5.当 地 时 间

A:Excuse me, what's the actual flying time from here to New York?

A:打扰了,从这儿至纽约的实际飞行时间是多久?

B:About six hours.

B:大约6个小时。

A:Can you tell me what time we'll arrive?

A:你能告诉我到达的时间吗?

B:Sure. Oh, eight o'clock in the morning. I mean the local time.

B:当然可以,哦,是早晨8点,我是指当地时间。