year年,岁,年度,年纪
Useful Phrases实用短语
①never in a hundred ,ect . years永远不,绝对不
I'd never believe that she could do that stupid thing in a hundred years.
我永远也不会相信她会做那么愚蠢的事情。
②all the year round一年到头
Albert has been fed up with doing the same work all the year round.
艾伯特已经厌烦了一年到头做同样的工作。
Daily Conversation日常会话
A:Don't count on I can help you this time. I'll never do such ignoble things in a hundred years.
不要指望我这次能帮你。我绝不会再做这样不光彩的事了。
B:Come on, do you think you're more noble than me
得了吧,你以为自己比我高尚到哪里去吗?
yield
结出(果实),产生(效果,效益等),给与,使屈服
Useful Phrases实用短语
①yield to sth.被……替代,为……所取代
Letters will yield to phone.
书信将被电话取代。
②yield one's position to the enemy把阵地让给敌人
How can you yield our position to the enemy
你怎么可以把我们的阵地让给敌人呢?
③yield to desire屈服于欲望
All his ambition yields to desire.
他所有的雄心壮志都屈服给了欲望。
Daily Conversation日常会话
Thomas:
I'm really disappointed in you, James. You said you would treasure our friendship forever, obviously, it had yielded to money.
James:
Listen to me, Thomas. I've never forgoten our friendship. But this time I really have no choice.
托马斯:
詹姆斯,我对你真的很失望。你说过永远都会珍惜我们的友谊,很明显,我们的友谊已经被金钱取代了。
詹姆斯:
听我说托马斯。我从没有忘记过我们的友谊。但是这次我真的别无选择。
young年轻的,年轻人
Useful Phrases实用短语
①young at heart人老心不老
Although her mother has been already 50 years old, she's still young at heart.
尽管她妈妈已经50岁了,但内心仍然很年轻。
②be getting younger(做某事的人)越来越年轻
It seems that the fans of her books are getting younger.
似乎她的书迷越来越年轻了。
Daily Conversation日常会话
A:Hello there. Haven't seen you for ages.
哈喽。好久不见。
B:Oh, Jack What a small world it is. Fancy to meet you here. You seems to be getting younger.
哦,杰克吗?这个世界真小啊。很高兴在这遇见你。你似乎更年轻了。
A:Really Thank you.
是吗?谢谢。
yourself你(们)自己
Useful Phrases实用短语
①(all) by yourself独立地,全靠自己,单独地
After graduating from colleage, you lived all by yourself.
大学毕业以后,你全靠自己生活了。
②behave yourself劝人要有礼貌和行为检点
Please behave yourself before the families.
请在家人面前你检点一些。
③for yourelf亲自,自己
You'll go there for yourself.
你将会亲自去那。
Daily Conversation日常会话
Sally:
Hi, Jasmine. Can you help me persuade Mary to forgiv me I have no mind to hurt her. You know she has refused to answer my phone for a few days.
萨利:
嗨,茉莉。你能帮助我劝玛丽原谅我吗?我不是有意要伤害她的。你知道她已经几天不接我的电话了。
Jasmine:
OK, I'll try. But you'd better beg her forgiveness for yourself.
茉莉:
好的,我会试试看的。但是你最好亲自去乞求她的原谅。
Notes:
persuade sb. to sth.劝某人……