书城外语日常286词玩转英语口语
18647600000019

第19章 H(2)

振作起来,好吗?每个人都有他的闪光之处。

A:Thank you for your inspiring.

谢谢你的鼓励。

B:I just tell the truth.

我只是说实话而已。

Notes:

1. turn out to be结果是,证明是,原来是

2. shining point闪光点

3. inspire [in'spai?] v. 激励,鼓舞

hear听见,听到,倾听

Useful Phrases实用短语

①hear from sb./hear sth. from sb.接到某人的信,电话等

I haven't heard from you for a long time.

我好久没有收到你的信了。

②hear of sb./sth. | hear sth. of sb./sth.听说,得知

Her father disppeared and no one had ever heard of him again.

她的父亲消失了,再也没有人听到过他的消息。

③hear sb. out听某人把话说完

No matter what you want to say at this monent, please hear me out, OK?

不论你现在想说什么请听我把话说完好吗?

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:I haven't heard of Mary for a long time. Do you know what she has been doing recently.

我很久都没有玛丽的消息了。你知道她最近在干什么吗?

B:I heard she had moved to Canada.

我听说她应经搬到加拿大了。

A:Oh, really No wonder I haven't had her any news.

哦,是吗?难怪我都没有她任何消息了呢。

B:She married a Canadian, so she went there with her husband.

她嫁给了一个加拿大人,所以她和丈夫一块去那儿了。

heel足跟,脚后跟

Useful Phrases实用短语

①at/on sb.'s heels紧跟着个某人

The suspect fled from the spot with the police at his heel.

犯罪嫌疑人逃离了现场,警察在后紧追不舍。

②bring sb./sth. to heel使某人就范,迫使某人服从

After a long period of struggle the criminal was brought to heel.

经过一番长期的争斗,那名罪犯被迫服从了。

③Achilles'heel唯一致命的弱点、要害、致命伤

Transportation is Achilles'heel in our city.

交通是我们市的薄弱环节。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:Last night when I was on my way home after work, I found a man was at my heel.

昨晚当我下完班走在回家的路上时,发现有个男人跟着我。

B:Oh, it was so dangerous, so what happened next?

哦,真危险啊,接下来发生了什么?

A:To tell the truth, I was a little scared, but I stopped to see whoever he was. It turned out to be Jack.

说实话我有点害怕,但我还是停下来去看看是谁。结果原来是杰克。

B:Thanks God.

谢天谢地。

Notes:

scared [ske?d] adj. 害怕,恐惧,担心

hell地狱

Useful Phrases实用短语

①get the hell out (of…)迅速离开

Let's get the hell out of here.

我们马上离开这里吧.

②to hell with sb./sth.(表示愤怒或厌恶,不再在乎)见鬼去吧,随便

“To hell with him, ” she thought, “I'm leaving. ”

“让他见鬼去吧,”她想,“我走了。”

③give somebody hell使某人不好受

My new shoes are giving me hell.

我的新鞋磨得我脚疼死了.

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:It starts to rain. Let's get the hell out of here.

天开始下雨了,我们迅速离开这里。

B:Don't worry. I have taken the umbrella this morning.

别着急。我早上带了雨伞了。

A:Where do you want to have a dinner

你想去哪吃饭呢?

B:It's up to you.

你来决定吧。

Notes:

It's up to sb由某人决定

help帮助,协助,援助,促进,促使

Useful Phrases实用短语

①sb. can't help (but) doing sth.某人忍不住(无法抑制)做某事

I could't help laughing when I saw that funny scene.

当我看到那滑稽的一幕时忍不住大笑。

②give/lend a helping hand to sb./sth.帮助,伸出援助之手

As chinese people, everyone of us should give a helping hand to the disaster area.

作为一给中国人,我们中的每一个人都应为灾区伸出援助之手。

③there is no help for it没办法,别无选择了

There is no help for it. We have to ask someone else for help.

没有别的选择了,我们只有另寻他人帮助了。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:There's no gas in our car. We have to stop it here and walk along the road to find someone for help.

我们的车没油了,只得把它停在这,并沿着路去找人来帮忙了。

B:Yes, there is no help for it.

是啊,我们别无选择了。

A:Look, I find a small village over there. Let's go there to find someone help us.

看,我发现那边有个小村庄。我们去那找人帮忙吧。

B:Ok, let's go.

好的,我们走吧。

here这里,在这里

Useful Phrases实用短语

①here and there在各处,到处

The popcorn was scattered here and there on the floor.

地板上到处散落着爆米花。

popcorn ['P?pk ?:n]n. 爆玉米花

②here to sb./sth.为……的健康(或胜利)干杯

Here to your health. !

为你的健康干杯!

③neither here nor there不重要

What the result will be is neither here nor there.

结果怎样已经不重要了。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:When I arrived at home, I found my son's toys scattered here and there on the floor. You could't imagine how angry I was at that monent.

当我到家时看见地板上到处散落着我儿子的玩具。你想像不到我当时有多恼火。

B:My son was also like him when he was at your son's age. You know boys are all naughty when they are children.

我儿子在你儿子这个年纪时也一样。你知道男孩子还小时都很淘气的嘛。

A:You know it's not an easy thing to take care of a child.

你知道照顾孩子不是件容易的事情。

B:Of course. You must be patient enough.

当然,你不需要有足够的耐心。

Notes:

1. scatter ['skaet?] v. 撒,撒播

2. naughty ['n?:ti] adj. 顽皮的,淘气的,粗俗的,下流的