书城外语不可思议!原来我的英语这么溜!
18647100000038

第38章 职场生活(2)

B:All right.That will be a big help.I'm fresh out of college.

好的。那会对我帮助很大。我刚从学校毕业。

A:We require all our employees to arrive on time and we insist that they keep their lunch hours to a reasonable length.

我们要求员工准时到岗,而且午餐的时间不要过长。

B:I understand.That seems easy to follow.我明白,这很容易做到。

A:The character is very important to us.We expect everyone here at C&;C to be industrious,cooperative,honest and open-minded.

性格很重要。我们希望C&;C公司的员工勤奋、协作、诚实、开明。

B:I'm very glad to hear that.I think I possess all of those qualities.

很高兴听到这些。上述素质我都具备。

A:We also try to do the best we can for our employees.We feel obligated to provide a safe working environment,and we make every effort to listen to our employees" concerns.

我们也努力为员工创造最好的条件。我们有责任为员工提供一个安全可靠的工作环境,我们也聆听员工们的呼声。

B:That's very admirable.That's also one of the reasons I wanted to work here.

那好极了。这也是我想到这里工作的原因之一。

A:Now,perhaps you have some questions.Is there any additional information I can provide?

现在你可能有些问题要问吧。你还想了解些什么呢?

B:Yes,as a matter of fact,I have a few questions.

是的,我有好几个问题要问呢!

A:Certainly.Go ahead! 尽管问吧!

B:Will I be required to have a medical examination before I start work?

我开始上班之前要不要进行身体检查?

A:Yes,definitely.But the company will cover the expense.

是的,一定要体检。但是公司会出这笔钱。

B:And would I have to go through special training or preparations for the job?

我要不要通过一些特殊的岗前培训?

A Yes,you would.Our company believes in employee training and self-improvement.

是的,要参加培训。我们公司秉承员工培训和个人成长的信念。

B:And would it be necessary for me to work on weekends?

我在周末有没有必要加班?

A:No,that wouldn't be necessary.不用。

B:And one more question: do employees here have to go through a probation period?

还有一个问题:这里的员工有没有试用期?

A:No,they don't.Once you are hired you have the same rights and privileges as other employees.

没有,你一旦被录用了,就享有和其他员工一样的权利。

B:I see.That's great.我明白了。太好了。

A:Do you have any other questions? 你还有别的问题吗?

B:No,I don't think so.You've been so helpful.

我想没有了,你帮我解决了很多疑问。

A:All right.I'm glad to hear that.好的,很高兴你这么说。

B:Well,I've probably taken up too much of your time.

我占用你的时间已经够多了。

A:We'll talk again soon.我们很快会再见的。

B:I've enjoyed talking with you.Thank you very much.

我很喜欢跟你谈话,谢谢。

A:You're very welcome.不用客气。

Unit2工作

情境1 布置任务

简易版

You have work to do.你有活儿干了。

I have something for you.我有件事要拜托你做。

You are in charge.这件事由你负责。

Don't mess it up.不要搞砸了。

This project is up to you.这个专案就交给你了。

I will do it.我来处理吧。

I will handle that.那件事我会处理。

Leave it to me.你别管了,交给我吧。

Can you do me a favor?你能帮我个忙吗?

升级版

There are things you have to do.有些事你必须赶紧做。

You have got things to do.有些工作要交给你。

You need to be responsible for this.这件事由你负责。

You are liable for this.这件事由你负责。

It's your responsibility.这件事由你负责。

Work without mistakes.不要出错。

No mistakes are allowed.不要出错。

You will be the one responsible for this project.这件事你来负责。

The success of this project is up to you.这个专案能不能谈成就看你了。

I will take care of it.我来处理。

Could you take my place?你能替我处理一下这件事吗?

Would you fill in for me?你能帮我处理一下这件事吗?

Do you mind taking care of my job?你介意帮我照看一下工作吗?

情境2 汇报进度

简易版

How is the project going?进行得如何了?

We have done half of it.已经做了一半了。

It's nearly finished.基本完成了。

Nearly done.基本完成了。

I'm almost done.马上就完成了。

When can you finalize/finish it 什么时候能做完?

It's later than expected.比预计的时间要晚一些。

We have to meet the deadline.必须在截止日期前完成。

Double-check it.再确认一下。

升级版

How is that case coming along?那个案子进展得如何了?

Where does it stand 事情进行到哪儿了?

How far are you?还差多少?

We are halfway there.已经完成了一半。

It's about halfway done.已经完成一半了。

When will it be done?什么时候能完成?

We are behind schedule.比预计的时间要晚。

We are going slower than expected.比预计的得要慢。

Cannot be any later than the deadline.不能超过截止日期。

Check it again.请再次确认一下。

情境3 休息

简易版

Have a break.休息一下吧。

Take a coffee break.喝杯咖啡休息一下吧。

How about some coffee?去喝杯咖啡休息一下怎么样?

Let's go for a cup of coffee.咱们去喝杯咖啡休息一下吧。

I need some fresh air.我需要呼吸一点新鲜空气。

升级版

Take a rest.休息一下。

Let's go easy.歇一会儿吧。

Do we relax for a moment?休息一会儿吧?

I have to freshen up a bit.我得出去透透气。

Let's take a breath.咱们出去呼吸呼吸新鲜空气吧。

情境4 (未)完成任务

简易版

I've finished my work.我的工作已经做完了。

My job's done already.我的工作已经做完了。

The task remained unaccomplished.该工作依然未完成。

I left work undone/unfinished.工作未完成,我就放下了。

Here is the report.这是工作报告。

Please sign here.请在这儿签名。

I need you to approve on this case.这个案子我需要您的批准。

升级版

The building work is almost complete.建筑工作差不多已经完成了。

Mr.Smith is busy mopping up the last work.

史密斯先生正在忙着完成最后的工作。

A good deal of work is still outstanding.不少工作尚未完成.

Here are the monthly sales.这是这个月的销售报表。

Here is where you sign.请在这儿签名。

Please approve this matter.请批准。

情境5 与工作有关的话题

简易版

What do you do for a living?你靠什么为生?

→for a living 生存

What's your job/occupation/profession?你是做什么工作的?

What kind of job do you do?你是做什么工作的?

What's your job title/position?您的职位是?

升级版

What business are you in?你是从事什么行业的?

How do you support your family?你靠什么为生?

What are you in charge of 您是主管哪一块的?

→in charge 负责

What do you do at work?你是负责什么的?

How long have you been working here?你在这里工作多久了?

How long have you had this job?这份工作你做了多久了?

How long have you been employed at this company?

你在这家公司干了多久了?

偶像剧场Role-Play

辛苦忙碌一天,回家后能有爱人陪自己聊聊天,分享一下职场得失,也是很幸福的。

A:How is work today?

今天的工作怎么样?

B:It's been a hard day today.First I was one hour late.You know the traffic is really bad.And then I got yelled at by my boss.

今天是很艰难的一天。首先我迟到一个钟头。你知道的,交通真的很糟糕。然后我老板冲着我发火了。

A:Oh,man!

噢,真可怜!

B:That's not all.After that,I sat down working at my computer.

还没完。之后,我坐在计算机前工作。

B:But when I tried to transfer everything onto the disc,I found my disc was broken.

但是当我把所有东西移动到磁盘的时候,我发现磁盘坏了。

A:You forgot to save it?

你忘记保存了吗?

B:I totally forgot! The god damn disc was broken.I just lost the whole day's work.

我完全忘了!那该死的磁盘坏了。我就这样丢了一整天的劳动成果。

B:It's like I've been working like a mad man and got nothing finally.Shit!

我就像疯子似的在干活,最后却什么都没得到。该死的!

A:It's not the end of the world.There are always two sides to everything.Try to look on the bright side.

这不是世界末日。凡事都有两面性。试着看到好的一面。

B:If there were bright sides.

如果有好的方面就好了。