书城外语出行英语会话想说就会说
10007100000010

第10章 途中事宜

打电话

中西文化

Hello只叫一次,不要重复,并且尽可能先将自己的姓名和电话号码告诉对方。打电话和接电话时,不能用 “Who are you” 问对方,而只能用“Is that×××?”或 “Who's that” 等问对方。打电话一定要尊重对方的习惯,西方人很忌讳晚上10点以后和早上6点以前去电话。打电话力求简明扼要,不要浪费资源,这样,对人、对己、对社会都有益处。

典型对话

1.打 电 话 咨 询

A:Hello!

A: 喂!

B: Hello! May I speak to Mr. Smith, please?

B:喂!我想找史密斯先生讲话。

A:Who shall I say is calling?

A:请问你是谁呀?

B:Zhang Ming of the Light Industrial Products Import and Export Corporation.

B:轻工业产品进出口公司张明。

A:Just hold the line a minute. (to Smith) Mr. Smith, Mr. Zhang of the Light Industrial Products lmport and Export Corporation wants to speak to you.

A:请不要挂电话。(对史密斯)史密斯先生,轻工业产品进出口公司的张先生找你讲话。

C: (on phone). Hello! Mr. Zhang. This is Smith speaking.

C:喂,张先生,我是史密斯。

B: Good morning, Mr. Smith. I have a few questions to ask you about the papers you sent us yesterday.

B:早上好,史密斯先生! 关于你昨天送交给我们的文件我有一些问题要问你。

2.未 找 到 对 方 (1)

A:Commercial Counsellor's Office.

A:商务参赞办公室。

B:Mr. Smith, please?

B:史密斯先生在吗?

A:I'm sorry. Mr. Smith is not in.

A:很抱歉,史密斯先生不在。

B:When do you expect him back?

B:他什么时候能回来?

A:He said he'd be in around eleven.

A:他说大约在11点左右回来。

B:All right. I'll ring again at about eleven thirty.

B:好,约在11点30分我再给他打电话。

A:Very well.

A:好吧。

3.未 找 到 对 方 (2)

A:Marketing Manager's Office. Can I help you?

A:这是营销经理办公室。请问有什么事吗?

B:Mr. Green, please.

B:请格林先生接电话。

A:Sorry, he is out.

A:对不起,他出去了。

B:What time do you expect him back then?

B:那你估计他什么时候回来?

A:Sorry, I am not sure. Can I take a message?

A:对不起,我不清楚。你要留个口信吗?

B:No, thanks. I will call back later.

B:不用了,谢谢,我待会再打过来。

A:That's fine. Please call again later.

A:那好。请过会儿再打来吧。

B:OK. Thank you. Goodbye.

B:好的。谢谢你。再见。

4.未 找 到 对 方 (3)

A:Hello. Who are you calling for?

A:你好,你要和谁通电话?

B:Hello!Is that Mr. Kidd?

B:你好,是基德先生吗?

A:Sorry, he's out. Would you call back in one hour if possible?

A:抱歉,他出去了。你能在一个小时后再打电话来吗?

B:Will you please tell him that I have called? My name is Fanny.

B:我叫范妮,请你转告他,我已来过电话,好吗?

A:OK.

A:好的。

B:Thanks, good bye!

B:谢谢,再见!

A:Bye bye!

A:再见!

5.给 对 方 留 话 (1)

A:Mr. Smith, please.

A: 我想请史密斯先生讲话。

B:I'm sorry, Mr. Smith won't be in until this afternoon.

B: 对不起,史密斯先生在今天下午才能回来。

A:May I leave a message?

A: 我可以留个话给他吗?

B:Certainly.

B: 当然可以。

A:Please ask him to call Zhang Ming at 4 o'clock this afternoon, my number is 533820.

A: 请他在下午4点打电话给张明,电话号码是533820。

B:Call Mr. Zhang Ming at 533820 at 4 o'clock this afternoon.

B: 在下午4点打电话533820, 找张明先生。

A:That's right. Thank you.

A: 对,谢谢。

6.给 对 方 留 话 (2)

A:Is Mr. Zhang in?

A: 张先生在吗?

B:No, he's out. Who is speaking, please?

B: 不在,他出去了。请问是谁?

A:James Smith.

A: 我是詹姆士·史密斯。

B:Shall I have him call you back this afternoon?

B: 让他今天下午给你回电话吗?

A:Please do. He knows my number.

A: 是的,他知道我的电话号码。

B:All right, Mr. Smith. I'll tell him as soon as he comes in.

B: 好的,史密斯先生,他回来后我马上告诉他。

A:Thank you.

A: 谢谢。

7. 给 对 方 留 话 (3)

A:Guanzhong Development Co, Ltd. May I help you?

A:冠中开发有限公司。您有什么事吗?

B:I'd like to speak to your export manager, please.

B:我想和你们的外销经理通电话。

A:May I ask who's calling, please?

A:可以告诉我您是哪位吗?

B:This is Mr. Wang from Giant Corp.

B:我是巨人公司的王先生。

A:I'm sorry, Mr. Wang, but Mr. Ford is not in at the moment.

A:对不起,王先生,福特先生现在不在。

B:When will he come back, do you know?

B:他什么时候回来,你知道吗?

A:I suppose he will be back after 10:30.

A:我估计他要到10点半以后才会回来。

B:May I leave a message?

B:我可以留个口信吗?

A:Of course.

A:当然可以。

B:Please ask him to give me a call as soon as he returns. He has my number.

B:他一回来就请他给我回个电话。他有我的电话号码。

A:OK, Mr. Wang, I'll do that.

A:好的,王先生。我会的。

B:Thank you. Goodbye.

B:谢谢。再见。

8.给 对 方 留 话 (4)

A:This is Tom Port. May I speak to Mr. Smith?

A:我是汤姆·波特。我能和史密斯先生讲话吗?

B:Mr. Smith is not in his office. I'm afraid he will not be back before 3 o'clock. Would you care to speak to Mr. Brown? He's taking all Mr. Smith's calls in his absence.

B:史密斯先生现在不在办公室,恐怕他3点钟以前不会回来。不过,您愿意与布朗先生讲话吗?当史密斯先生不在时由他来接电话。

A:No, thank you. Can I leave Mr. Smith a message?

A:不了,谢谢,我能给史密斯先生留个口信吗?

B:OK. I'll tell him that you called.

B:好的,我转告他您来电话了。

9.给 对 方 留 话 (5)

A:Will you take a message for me?

A:您能帮我留个言吗?

B:No problem.

B:没问题。

A:If Mike James comes back, please tell him that I will wait for him in Room 315.

A:如果迈克·詹姆士回来了,请告诉他我在315号房间等他。

B:OK. I have taken it.

B:好的。我记下了。

A:Thank you.

A:谢谢。

B:You are welcome.

B:不客气。

10.给 对 方 回 话

A:Smith speaking.

A:我是史密斯。

B:Good afternoon, Mr. Smith. This is Zhang Ming. I'm sorry I wasn't in when you called this morning.

B:史密斯先生,下午好,我是张明,很抱歉,你今天上午打电话来我不在。

A:That's perfectly all right. I was calling about the trip tomorrow.

A:没关系,我给你打电话是为明天旅行的事。

11.拨 错 号 码 (1)

A:May I speak to Mr. Smith, please?

A:我请史密斯先生说话。

B:There's no one by the name of Smith here.

B:这里没有叫史密斯的人。

A:Is your number 65254?

A:你的电话号码是65254吗?

B:No, it's 65354.

B:不是,这里电话号码是65354。

A:Sorry, wrong number.

A:对不起,我拨错了号码。

12.拨 错 号 码 (2)

A:Hello, is Mr. Ford there?

A:喂,福特先生在吗?

B:Sorry, sir, I am afraid you have the wrong number. We don't have Mr. Ford here.

B:对不起,先生,恐怕您打错电话了,我们这儿没有福特这个人。

A:I want 64204223.Is that right?

A:我要打的是64204223,对吗?

B:No, you have given the wrong number.

B:不对,您拨错号码了。

A:Oh, I am sorry to have bothered you.

A:噢,对不起打扰您了。

B:It's all right.

B:没关系。

13.致 电 邀 请

A:Hello.

A:喂。

B:This is Sophie. May I speak to Lucy?

B:我是索菲,我可以和露西说话吗?

A:This is Lucy.

A:我是露西。

B:Hello, Lucy, are you free tomorrow?

B:嗨,露西,你明天有空吗?

A:Yes.

A:有空。

B:Would you like to go to an exhibition with me?

B:你愿不愿意和我一块儿去参加展览会?

A:I'd love to. See you tomorrow.

A:我很乐意,明天见。

B:See you.

B:再见。

14.传 达 口 信

A:Hello!

A:你好!

B:Hello! May I speak to Dr.Syger, please?

B:你好!能请辛格博士接电话吗?

A:Sorry, he's out at the moment, can I take a message for him?

A:抱歉,他出去了,我能为他传个口信吗?

B:Yes, this is Rona. I'll be going to pick him up at 7 o'clock this evening.

B:行,我是罗娜,今天晚上7点钟我去接他。

A:OK. I'll pass that message on.

A:好的,我会转告这个口信的。

B:Thanks a lot.

B:谢谢。

A:It's my pleasure.

A:别客气。

15.打 电 话 谈 项 目

A:Who's it for?

A:谁的电话?

B:It's for you.

B:你的电话。

A:Who's that?

A:你是哪位?

C:This is Mona speaking.

C:我是莫娜。

A:Sorry to keep you waiting. I'm sorry for the delay.

A:对不起,让你久等了。

C:It doesn't matter.

C:没关系。

A:Thank you for calling.

A:谢谢你给我打电话。

C:Let's give Dr. Frost a call, shall we?

C:给弗罗斯特去个电话,行吗?

A:What's the point?

A:谈些什么呢?

C:About the new project.

C:关于新项目。

A:OK.

A:行。

16.对 方 忙

A:The telephone is ringing,would you answer it, please?

A:电话铃响了,请你接一下好吗?

B:Hello, who do you want to speak to?

B:你好,请问你找谁?

C:Hello, can I speak to Miss Juliet?

C:你好,请朱丽叶小姐接电话。

B:She's on another phone, would you mind calling back later?

B:她在接另外一个电话,你能过一会儿再来电话吗?

C:Can you tell her I'm waiting to speak to her?

C:你能告诉她,我正等着和她通电话吗?

B:Please leave your number and I'll have her call you back.

B:请留下你的电话号码,以便让她给你回电话。

C:I'm Leo, she knows my phone number.

C:我叫利奥,她知道我的电话号码。

B:Yes, I'll pass it on.

B:我会告诉他的。

C:Thanks.

C:谢谢。

B:You're welcome.

B:别客气。

17.致 电 预 约

A:Hello, is this Pacific Trading Company?

A:喂,你这儿是太平洋贸易公司吗?

B:Yes, it is.

B:是的。

A:Is Mr. Johnson in?

A:约翰逊先生在吗?

B:This is Mr.Johnson speaking.

B:我就是。

A:Hello, Mr. Johnson, This is Jack of ABC Company. Shall we have the given discussion at the given time tomorrow in the given place?

A:嗨,约翰逊先生,我是ABC公司的杰克。明天我们在老时间老地点讨论老问题,好吗?

B:OK.

B:好的。

18.致 电 做 生 意

A:Hello, this is Morris Automobile Corporation Ltd.

A:喂,这是莫里斯汽车有限公司。

B:This is Ms. Peng Huifen of the ABC Import and Export Corporation. We are interested in your heavy trucks. Could we have a catalogue?

B:我是ABC进出口公司的彭惠芬。我们对贵公司的重型卡车很感兴趣。我们想要一份目录,可以吗?

A:Certainly. We're always glad to be at your service. What's your address, please?

A:完全可以,我们随时乐意为贵公司服务。请问你的地址?

B:It's No. 123 D. F. Road.

B:D. F.路123号。

19.听 取 留 言

A:Any call for me?

A:有没有我的电话?

B:Yes. Mr. Mark called you at 2:15 this afternoon.

B:是的,马可先生下午 2:15打过电话来。

A:Any message for me?

A:有什么留言吗?

B:Yes. A message left by Miss Green one hour ago. She said he would visit you tomorrow morning.

B:是的,格林小姐在一小时前留言。她说她明天早上来拜访您。

A:Thanks a lot.

A:多谢。

A Long Distance长途电话

中西文化

在美国当地,公共电话的投币接受 “nickel” (5美分)、 “dime” (10美分)与 “quarter” (25美分)的硬币。市内电话(local)一般是25美分,各地区或有不同,可依话筒上的指示投入。至于打长途电话的技巧,不妨选择周六11:00 p.m.至周日5:00 a.m.的时段,因为此时段为“周末夜间时间”,电话费有优待,费用几乎半价。而最好不要挑周一至周五,8:00 a.m.至5:00 p.m.时打,因为此时要全额付费,价格昂贵。

典型对话

1.长 途 电 话 咨 询

A:This is the hotel operator. May I help you?

A:我是旅店接线员,能为您做些什么?

B:Yes. I'd like to make an overseas call.

B:是的,我想打一个越洋电话。

A:You may call direct from your room and it's cheaper.

A:你可以在房间里直接打,那样更便宜些。

B:Oh, I didn't know that.

B:噢,我不知道是这样。

A:The country codes are listed in the Services Directionary in your room. Please dial 3330 before the country code and then dial the area code and number. Please don't dial 9 before the entire number as usual for an outside call.

A:国家代码在您房间的服务簿上有。请在国家代码前拨3330,然后再拨区号和号码。请不要像平常拨外线电话那样先拨9。

B:I see 3330 and then country code, area code and number.

B:我知道了。先拨3330,然后再拨国家代码、区号和电话号码。

2.打 对 方 付 费 电 话

A:Hello! This is the operator.

A:你好,这里是接线员。

B:Hi, I would like to make a collect call, please.

B:嗨,我要打对方付费的电话。

A:What is your name, please?

A:你叫什么名字?

B:This is Smith.

B:我是史密斯。

A:What's the number?

A:你要的电话号码是多少?

B:The area code is 246.The phone number is 355 6650.

B:区号是246,电话号码是355 6650。

3.己 付 电 话

A:I want to make a long distance call to New York.

A:我要挂长途电话到纽约。

B:Please fill in the form of a long distance call. Would you please tell me your name, room number, destination, the name and the phone number of the called. Is it a collect call or a pay call?

B:请填一份挂长途电话的表格。请告诉我你的姓名,房间号和地点,受话人的姓名和电话号码。电话费是对方付还是你自己付?

A:It is a collect call.

A:对方付。

B:Sorry, no collect call service for New York.

B:对不起,我们对纽约不开放受话人付费的业务。

A:Then I have to pay.

A:那我自己付。

B:When do you want to have the phone call get through?

B:你需要什么时候通话?

A:The sooner the better. May I come again and phone at half past nine?

A:越快越好。我想最好能在9点半通话。

B:What shall I do if I can't get through?

B:如果来不及怎么办?

A:Then, what about 2 o'clock in the afternoon? If there is no answer, please reserve it until 10 o'clock tomorrow. I am going out for a visit now.

A:下午两点也可以。如果对方没有人接,请保留到明天10点。现在我出去拜访一位朋友。

4.等 待 电 话 接 通

A:Sorry, I can't hear you clearly. Please speak slowly.

A:抱歉,我听不清你所讲的话,请说得慢一点。

B:I have repeated it. Can you hear me?

B:我重复了一遍,你能听见吗?

A:Yes. Sir. Are you going to make a long distance call to New York?

A:听见了,先生。你要挂长途电话到纽约吗?

B:Yes. How long will it take to get through to New York?

B:是的。挂纽约的长途电话要多久才能接通?

A: Generally, it needs about 30 minutes. I can't see the called party's name clearly. Please spell it to me.

A:一般需要30分钟左右。我看不清楚受话人的姓名,请把字母拼给我。

5.电 话 占 线

A:How about my call to Italy? I have been waiting for a long time and why is there still no reply?

A:我挂到意大利的电话怎么样了?我的电话已挂了很久,为什么还没有回电?

B:I will ask them to hurry. The line is busy now, please hold on. If no one answers the phone, would you like to call some else?

B:我再催一催。电话占线,请你再等一等。这电话没有人接,可不可以和其他人通话?

A:Oh, anyone is OK.

A:哪一位都行。

B:Ok. I will get it through right away.

B:我马上接过去。

A:How long do I have to wait for? I have to go to the dinning hall now, so if someone calls, please connect it with the dinning hall.

A:还要等多久?我现在去餐厅吃饭,如有电话,请接餐厅找我。

6.通 话 不 清 楚

A:You are through now, please.

A:你的电话来了,请通话。

B:But it is not clear.

B:听不清楚。

A:Is it clear now?

A:现在清楚了吗?

B:Much better.

B:好多了。

A:Have you finished your call?

A:通话完了吗?

B:Yes, I am done.

B:完了。

7.付 话 费

A: Time spent on the phone is 19 minutes. The charge for an international call is 28.8 yuan for the first three minutes and 9.6 yuan for every extra minute.

A:一共19分钟。国际电话以3分钟28元8角为基数,每超过1分钟加收9元6角。

B:How about an internal call?

B:国内电话呢?

A:The charge for an internal call is one yuan per minute. An urgent call is charged for double cost.

A:国内电话以每分钟1元计算,加急电话费用加倍。

8.在 旅 馆 打 长 途 (1)

A:Operator, may I have a person to person long distance call to New York, USA?

A:请帮我接通美国纽约指名长途电话。

B:Certainly. What is the phone number and the name?

B:好的,电话号码是多少?对方叫什么名字?

A:The number is 212 967 5899.Mr. Smith.

A:号码是212 967 5899,请史密斯先生听电话。

B:What is your name and your phone number?

B:请问你的名字和电话号码?

A:My name is Li Feng and my phone number is 83388388.

A:我叫李峰,电话号码是83388388。

B:Just a minute... Here is your party. Go ahead, please.

B:请稍候。……接通了,请说话。

9.在 旅 馆 打 长 途 (2)

A:Good afternoon, my room number is 403.Any mail for me?

A:下午好,我的房间号是403,有我的信吗?

B:Yes. You have one letter from Beijing.

B:是的。您有一封来自北京的信。

A:OK, thank you. I have to make an overseas call to Beijing, please. Will you get me through?Here is the number.

A:好的,谢谢。我想打个到北京的国际长途电话。您能不能帮我接通电话?给你电话号码。

B:OK. Wait for a moment...Here is your party.

B:好的。请等一下。……您的电话接通了。

A:Thank you.

A:谢谢。

Post and Cable Service邮电服务

中西文化

每个国家的邮政服务都有不同的方式。比如在美国:(1)不能在邮局发电报或打电话;(2)安全投递有挂号邮件和保证邮件两种方式;(3)你在任何城市可通过“存局集领”收到邮件。

在邮局办事应主动排队,有些邮局立下了外宾优先、老年人优先和残疾人优先的规章。这是营造良好社会风尚的一种举措,大家都应当理解和支持。

投信件时,要看清本地邮件(local mail)、外埠邮件(out of town mail)及国际邮件(international mail)的标识,将信投入相应的邮箱里。

英美等国家的邮局不受理打长途电话的业务。

邮局开办的储蓄业务,对某些群体的人们提供了不少方便。

尽量不从国外邮寄包裹,否则一旦出了差错,很难查询。

典型对话

1.寄 航 空 信 (1)

A:Good morning. May I help you?

A:早上好。我能帮您做些什么?

B:I want to send a letter. Will you kindly weigh it please?

B:我想邮封信。请称一下好吗?

A:With pleasure.

A:很高兴为您服务。

B:How long does it take for this to go to Shanghai?

B:寄到上海得需要多少天?

A:Since you send it by registered airmail, it will take about one week.

A:既然您寄航空挂号信,那大约得要一周时间。

2.寄 航 空 信 (2)

A:How long does it take for a letter from here to Canberra?

A:从这里寄一封信到堪培拉要多长时间?

B:Do you want to send it by air mail or regular mail?

B:你要寄航空邮件还是普通邮件?

A:How long by ordinary?

A:寄普通信多长时间?

B:A week at the least.

B:至少要一个星期。

A:How about by air mail?

A:寄航空信要多长时间?

B:Three days at the most.

B:最多3天。

A:Can I catch the last mail today?

A:能赶上今天的末班邮件吗?

B:Sorry, the last post has been dispat ched.

B:抱歉,末班邮件已经发出了。

A:By air mail, please.

A:请寄航空信。

B:OK.

B:好的。

3.寄 航 空 信 (3)

A:I want to mail to China by airmail. How much do I have to pay for it?

A:我想往中国寄一封航空信。我需要付费多少?

B:First 20 grams is 5 dollars, and each additional 20 grams is 2.5 dollars.

B:最初20克5美元,另外每超过20克加收2.5美元。

A:OK,I see. Thank you very much.

A:好的,我明白了。非常感谢。

4.寄 包 裹 (1)

A:Next, please!

A:下一位!

B:I want to send this package as printed matter to New York.

B:我想把这个包裹按印刷品寄到纽约。

A:What does it contain?

A:里面装有什么?

B:Some old magazines. Can I send it by EMS?

B:一些旧杂志。我可以用特快专递的方式吗?

A:Certainly.

A:当然可以。

B:Does it take long?

B:需要很久吗?

A:No, about 3 days.

A:不,大约3天。

5. 寄 包 裹 (2)

A:Excuse me, may I send this parcel?

A:劳驾,我可以寄这个包裹吗?

B:Sure, what's in the parcel, please?

B:当然可以,请问里面装的是什么东西?

A:Just a few books and a cassette tape.

A:只是几本书和一盘磁带。

B:Do you insure this parcel?

B:你要给这个包裹投保吗?

A:Yes, I'd like to insure this parcel for 60 dollars.

A:我想给这个包裹保险60美元。

B:I'll have to check. Anything else?

B:我得查一下,还有别的事吗?

A:Yeah. A post order for 500 dollars and a book of stamps.

A:还要一张500美元的邮政汇票和一本邮票。

B:That comes to 528.50 dollars please.

B:总共528.50美元。

6.寄 包 裹 (3)

A:Could you post this packet for me?

A:请问能帮我寄这个包裹吗?

B:Where will you post to?

B:您打算寄到哪里?

A:Shanghai. What is the price?

A:上海。多少钱?

B:20 dollars.

B:20美元。

A:How long will it take?

A:需要多长时间?

B:About 10 days.

B:大约十天。

7. 寄 包 裹 (4)

A:Excuse me, is this the parcel post counter?

A:对不起,这是包裹邮寄处吗?

B:Yes, what can I do for you?

B:是的,你有什么事?

A:Yes, I'd like to send this parcel to China.

A:我想把这个包裹寄到中国。

B:What's inside?

B:里面是什么?

A:Some clothes.

A:一些衣服。

B:Airmail or surface mail?

B:航空邮寄还是普通邮寄?

A:How long would surface mail take, compared with airmail?

A:与航空邮寄相比,普通邮寄需要花多长时间?

B:Anything up to 3 to 4 months for surface mail. It depends on the sailing of the ships. Airmail would only take 1 to 2 weeks.

B:普通邮寄需要三到四个月,这要视船的航行情况而定。航空邮件只要花一到两个星期。

A:Well, I'll send it by airmail.

A:我用航空邮寄吧。

B:All right. Now you can wrap it up and fill out this form, please.

B:好的。请把这个包裹包好,然后填好单子。

8.寄 明 信 片

A:I would like to buy a set of postcards of Beijing.

A:我要买一套北京的明信片。

B:This is the scene of Summer Palace in Beijing. There are ten postcards in each set, 0.69 yuan for each.

B:这是北京颐和园的风景,每套10张, 六角9分一张。

A:I want to send a postcard to America by airmail. How much dose it cost for the postage?

A:我要寄航空明信片去美国,邮费多少钱一张?

B:Sixty cents for each. How many postcards do you want to post?

B:每张6角,你要寄几张?

A:Ten pieces.

A:10张。

9. 寄 航 空 信

A:I want to post a letter by airmail to Germany. What's the postage?

A:我想寄航空信到德国,邮资多少?

B:Seventy cents for each. Let me weigh it and see whether it is overweight.

B:每封7角。我替你称一称是否超重。

A:Please stick more beautiful stamps for me on the envelope.

A:请你选最漂亮的邮票多贴一些。

B:I think otherwise it is better not to stick too many stamps, it will be overweight.

B:先生,邮票不能多贴,因为信要超重。

A:That will do then.

A:那就算了。

10. 寄 印 刷 品

A: I want to post printed matters.

A:我要寄印刷品。

B:The weight of printed matters is limited to 2 kilograms.

B:寄印刷品限量两公斤。

A:Please repack it into two pieces if it is overweight.

A:如果超重分成两件寄。

B:Printed matters should be unsealed for checking. Pens cannot be posted as printed matters but they can be posted as a parcel. We don't receive parcels here. Please mail it in the general post office.

B:印刷品要开封检查。钢笔不能作印刷品寄,要作包裹寄。这里不收包裹,请到邮电总局去寄。

A:Where is the general post office?

A:总局在哪里?

B:No.280 Wang Fu Jing Street.

B:王府井大街280号。

11.买 邮 票 (1)

A:I want to buy some stamps.

A:我要买邮票。

B:Would you like to buy a complete set or just the newest issue?

B:你要买整套的还是最新出的几张?

A:Please let me have the stamps issued after October 1980. May I choose from the sample?

A:我要挑选几张1980年10月以后出的。可不可以在样本中选购?

B:Sorry, these stamps are to be sold in sets.

B:对不起,这里邮票是整套出售的。

A:Have you any albums on sale? I would like to buy a few cancelled sets of these designs.

A:有没有集邮册出售呢?我想买几套图案盖销邮票。

B:I suggest that you buy some mint sets and I'll cancel them for you.

B:你可以买几套新出版的邮票,我给你盖销。

12.买 邮 票 (2)

A:I want some stamps, please.

A:我想买点儿邮票。

B:What kind of stamps do you need?

B:你想要哪种邮票?

A:The one with little dogs.

A:带有小狗图案的那种。

B:How many stamps do you need?

B:你想要多少张?

A:Ten.

A:10张。

B:That comes to 50 cents, please.

B:一共是50美分。

13.发 电 报

A:May I send a telegram?

A:这儿可以发电报吗?

B:Yes.

B:可以。

A:I want to send a telegram to New York.

A:我要往纽约发一份电报。

B:May I know what kind of cable you want to send, ordinary one or urgent one?

B:你发普通电报还是加急电报?

A:An urgent one.

A:发加急电报。

B:Here is a telegraph form for you.

B:给你一张电报纸。

A:Thank you.

A:谢谢你。

B:This word is not clear enough. Will you please write it again? And will you please write in English for the cable?

B:这个字看不太清,请重写一下。这封电报请改用英文。

A:How much for each word?

A:每个字多少钱?

B:Seven fen per word. 32 words altogether, the total amount is two yuan twenty four.

B:每个字7分,一共32字,计2元2角4分。

14.寄 挂 号 信

A:Hello, I'd like to mail a letter.

A:你好,我要寄一封信。

B:Yes, where's it to?

B:你要寄往何处?

A:To Iran.

A:寄往伊朗。

B:Do you want to send it by air mail?

B:你要寄航空邮件吗?

A:Yeah, I do and register it.

A:是的,并且要挂号。

B:Ten dollars and fifty cents.

B:10.50美元。

A:Here you are.

A:给你。

B:Here's the receipt, keep it please.

B:这是收据,请保管好。

A:Thanks.

A:谢谢。

B:That's all right.

B:别客气。

15.取 包 裹 (1)

A:Excuse me, has my package arrived? This is the notice.

A:请问,我的包裹到了吗?这是包裹单。

B:Here it is. We need your signature on the note.

B:到了,给你,你得在单子上签个名。

A:OK. Where can I cash an international money order, please?

A:好的。请问到哪里兑现国际汇单?

B:Next window please.

B:请到隔壁的窗口办理。

A:OK, thanks.

A:好的,谢谢。

B:You're welcome.

B:不客气。

16.取 包 裹 (2)

A:Excuse me, I got a parcel arrival notice yesterday. Can I get it here?

A:劳驾,我昨天收到一个包裹通知单。在这儿可以领取吗?

B:May I have your notice?

B:我能看一下您的通知单吗?

A:Here you are.

A:给您。

B:Please endorse it first. Do you have identification?

B:请先签收,您有证件吗?

A:Yes. Here's my ID card.

A:有,这是我的身份证。

17.寄 平 信

A:What's the postage for a letter to China, please?

A:请问寄一封信到中国邮资多少?

B:By ordinary or registered mail?

B:寄平信还是挂号信?

A:By ordinary mail.

A:寄平信。

B:It is forty four cents.

B:四十四美分。

A:Five forty four cent stamps, please.

A:请给我五张四十四美分的邮票。

B:That'll be two dollars and twenty cents altogether.

B:一共二美元二十美分。

18.汇 现 金

A:I'm going to need a money order.

A:我想要一张现金汇单。

B:How much would you like it for?

B:你想要能汇多少钱的汇单?

A:Well, can I get one for any amount, and how much will it cost?

A: 能给我一张无数目限制的单子吗?汇费是多少?

B:A United States Domestic money order, if you make it up to 700 dollars, that would cost you eighty cents.

B:一张美国国内的现金汇单,700美元以下汇费是80美分。

A:I'll get a Domestic Money Order for 250 dollars.

A:我要一张国内的,汇250美元。

B:That would be 250.80 dollars. How would you like to pay for it?

B:总共是 250.80美元。您怎么支付呢?

A:I'll use my ATM card.

A:我用自动取款卡。

19.填 汇 款 单

A:Here's your money order. Make sure that you fill out the name and address that it's going to, and your name and address here. Mail the top copy off, destroy or keep your carbons, and make sure that you keep your receipt.

A:这是您的汇单。别忘了填上收款人和您要汇往的地址,还要在这儿填上您的姓名和地址。把上面的这份寄掉,您自己的那份复写件可以毁掉,也可以保留,别忘了保留好收据。

B:Now, what happens if the money order gets lost or stolen?

B:汇单如果遗失或被窃怎么办?

A:Then you would bring your receipt to any post office and file a claim. Then you can either replace it or have your money back.

A:那你就应该带上你的收据到任何邮局挂失。然后你就能重汇或把钱要回。

B:Thank you.

B:谢谢。

A:You're welcome!

A:不客气!

20.信 超 重

A:Next, please?Can I help you, madam?

A:请下一位。要我帮忙吗,夫人?

B:Yes, I want to send a registered letter to China by airmail. How much will it cost?

B:我想寄一封航空信到中国。多少钱?

A:Your letter is 10 grams overweight. That's 2.50 dollars.

A:你的信超重了10克。要2美元50美分。

B:Here is three dollars.

B:这是3美元。

A:Here are your change and your receipt of the registered letter.

A:这是找你的零钱和收据。